Wednesday, 14 May 2014

How to Make: Flavoured Cooking Oils

How to refill/make Flavoured Cooking Oils.
Choose two or three clean empty jam-jars 
You Will Need: 
  • Rapeseed Oil* (Enough to full your jam jars)
  • Labels 
  • Fillings

Fillings:
For different flavours, go for different ingredients. I did four combinations of different flavours.
Chili 
Use different types of chili e.g. jalapenos (depending on your likes)        

 Herbs
Once again, use a mixture to get the best effect. I recommend using a base scent like garlic or ginger and sticking to Mediterranean herbs (such as basil, thyme, etc) 

Wok Oil: Ginger, Garlic and Lemon




Garlic Herb Oil: Garlic and Herbs. (surprising huh?)

Add ingredients first into bottles and then CAREFULLY pour in the rapeseed oil.
Make sure to screw the lid on tight!
Simple really.

The box they are in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum, I must try some of these Rachel, I love oils on salads

    ReplyDelete