Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Pikkalettas: THE RESULTS!

Goal money: £20
Goal Pikkalettas made: 35
Number of Pikkalettas made: 77
Amount of money received from Pikkaletta sales: £41.10
Cost of Supplies/fabric/stuffing:  £10.50
Actual profit: £30.60
Total amount of donations made by clients: £29.50
Total amount raised (sales and donations): £60.10
Cause: The RSPB’s Save Our Countryside Appeal
                                                      
 I am glad that it is over; making all those birds was really killing me. From what you can see above, I had made 42 extra birds than I had predicted in the first place. I have lost count of my hot glue burn marks on my fingers but in hindsight, I am happy that I did it, because it gave me experience in keeping record of purchases and also helped me when exercising my patience and perseverance and my money that I raised will go to help God’s amazing creation. It also brought me into contact with the C.E.O. of the RSPB (Mike Clarke) and his thank you card is on my desk at the moment!

Things I would do differently: I would set a (mildly optimistic) goal and STOP THERE. I would be better at politely saying NO to extra orders. I would print out leaflets about my cause BEFORE hand.
Things I thought went well: Plenty of orders, fairly quick to make and rather cute. A nice thing to have under my belt, so overall TOTALLY worthwhile.
 #pikkalettaarmy


 

So, THANK YOU ALL for supporting my cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment